Our client is a prominent organization that deals in Foreign Currency Exchange & Treasury services in more
than 150 countries. It specializes in transferring funds to the developing world, customized global payment
solution to international aid and development organizations as well as UN and government agencies.
The company vision is to extend its global markets by increasing geographical reach, and become a ‘single
solution’ for local currency payments worldwide.
To achieve its objective, the company wanted to develop some user friendly features for their current web
application as well as enhance the existing prominent and critical features. Also there was a need to build a
separate process for SWIFT code and country specific funds transfer protocol in most cases through
The ultimate aim is to implement a cost effective system which will in turn reduce the transaction cost and be
beneficial to their customers.
The company has a ‘Legacy System’ that needed to be upgraded to current market driven service
architecture. Hence, while managing the system evolution, seamless co-ordination of data with other existing
applications maintained by different vendors was crucial.
Further, continual communication was necessitated for the understanding of current issues and future needs,
as also for the monitoring of the progress of work.
The actions we took to address these challenges were
- Allotted a separate business analyst and a skilled development team to analyze and implement solutions.
- The application was studied thoroughly to understand the requirements and bugs.
- Continual communication was maintained with daily conferencing between offshore and onsite
- Regularly reviewed the requirement documentation, technical specifications and testing results.
- Total understanding of system and related functional flows gave the team upper hand while implement
performance enhancement changes.
- A dummy client application and related software were installed to test everything independently.
- Regular exchange of code, technical information and testing results for previous changes was ensured.
Our actions resulted in
- Successful upgrade of known problem areas in the web user interface
- The identification of other areas requiring improvements
- Increased client capacity to respond to the diverse and changing needs of business and end users
- Increased client capacity to quickly deliver to ongoing and new core businesses
- Seamless data flow to others systems used by client.
- Several new features added, bugs are fixed and overall application functioning is improvised and updated to end customer’s liking
Regular and precise communication ensured clear understanding of the things and in turn helped build a
rapport between Calibre team and the client. The client’s legacy system upgrade has now opened doors to
develop new features.
Calibre is currently working on adding modules that will enhance the service architecture of the client